Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mr. Squirrel Has Breakfast

Well, no surprise here....we are having a snow day. Justin is in watching cartoons and playing his Nintendo DS, and I am on the laptop. It took Terry over an hour and a half to drive to work and I expect he will be coming home early today. All the schools are closed, even Northern Kentucky University which almost never happens. I don't work on Tuesdays so it is not affecting my schedule at all, but I wonder if I will work tomorrow.

These pictures are the view out my front door and off the deck. A very fat squirrel raided the bird feeder for breakfast this morning and he even stood very still when I went out on the deck to take his picture.

Big fluffy snowflakes continue to fall at a fairly rapid rate up to 2 inches per hour, but it is the coming sleet and ice that has me worried about Terry's drive home. I lived in Toledo and am not afraid of the snow, shoot I learned to drive in the snow, but this ice is another story. Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky is just not equipped to deal with the snow and ice like a more northern city, but according to the news, the work crews are doing a great job.

So, here I sit on my computer...nice and warm in front of the fireplace, looking out at the falling snow that looks beautiful from my couch!

Turn on the sound...there's music!


video

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Like my designs? Visit my webpage at http://designsbylynnea.com