Well, I saw a flower on a dress on Etsy and loved it, but couldn't buy just the flower, and the dress was too small! So I have thought about it for about a week and whipped out the hot glue gun to create my own. I searched the web for a variety of sites about how to do this, and the only thing I didn't already have was the flower petals. I saw some really pretty petals at Michael's called Daisy Doodles for about $5 a jar (for 36 flower pieces). I just wasn't ready to spend a lot of money for an experiment! So off to WalMart, where you can find a little bit of everything.
First I needed to buy more glue, I hadn't used that gun in years and have no idea where the glue could be. I looked for some clips for the pins, but didn't find any, so I figured I would just use the pin parts I already had at home. Then to the silk flower section! Prices ranged from $.94 to $7.00. Since this was my first try, I went with the less expensive ones. Then home to tear the flowers apart for their pieces, a great way to deal with life's little frustrations.
I made one...not so good, I made a second one...better, but still not right...but the third and fourth one I think I got it! I used wire for one with a little hot glue, and the other one was just glued. I think I like the wired and glue one the best. I added some crystals and beads for the centers. Here are the results:
I think I would even make Martha proud!
These are available for sale on ArtFire